Welcome to one of my favourite posts to write about- Vegan Eats!! For all those sweet tooths out there, these date balls will blow your mind just at how simple it is to make.
Although they are super high in sugar content, they are way healthier than a chocolate bar or lollipop. Because it is also natural sugar, your body will eventually burn that sugar off. However, dates have so many health benefits such as:
- They are high in fiber therefore promote a healthy digestive system and relieve constipation
- Anti inflammatory because of its high magnesium
- Reduces the risk of strokes
- Boosts brain health
- Natural energy boost
Just think of dates as nature’s caramel 😉 We will use medjool dates for this recipe, only becuase they are bigger and sweeter however normal dates work just fine. For this recipe you will need
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup of oats (optional)
1 grated carrot
Desiccated coconut/ground nuts/cacao (topping of your choosing)
1. Soak the dates in hot water for about 10 minutes then drain (this makes the date softer and easier to blend)
2. Chuck the dates in a blender with the carrots and salt and blend until it turns into a paste
3. If the paste is too wet, refrigerate it for about 10 minutes. If not, start rolling out the paste into balls with your hands to a size or your choosing
4. Once the dates are in a ball shape just simply dip them into your chosen toppings
5. Refrigerate for another 5 minutes then they are ready to eat!
If you want to add a fun little twist on these date balls, coating them with dark chocolate adds an extra balance of bitterness to complete what is basically a healthy, guilt free ball of salted caramel.
If this recipe doesn’t make your mouth water, I don’t know what will! They serve as the perfect snack in between meals and comment down below your own takes on this recipe!